Free your thinking
Face-to-face courses with Martin Sandbrook
Free your thinking
A one-day course– January 2018. Choose either London or Bristol.
£250per head including lunch.
See below (or click the Register Interest button in the sidebar) for more information.
This course can also be run for a group in your organisation or community.
Deepen Your Thinking
As for Free Your Thinking with deeper more liberated and lasting learning.
Two 2-day workshops - early March and early May 2018.
In the lovely Cotswold Hills, near Stroud.
£800 per person, including accommodation.
See below for more information.
Click the Register Interest button in the sidebar for more details.
What you will experience:
An ‘ah-ha’ experience, an opening to the possibility of thinking differently, more effectively. The world will start to make sense, possibly for the first time. And relief - that there is a reason why it is so difficult to identify the one true solution to everything, and that there really are effective ways to deal with this.
What you will learn:
Overall – how to free yourself from the constraints of current thinking, to open your eyes to more effective ways to deal with the messy, complex and uncertain world we live in.
- Become familiar with how you see the world and the effect this has on how you act. Shift from a thing to a relationship view of the world.
- Consider the prevailing way of seeing the world, how we take it to pieces to understand it, how we assume everything can be measured, analysed, diagnosed, fixed.
- Explore how the world really is – inter-dependent, complex, where the unexpected emerges. Become familiar with the characteristics of systems, in particular, complex systems.
- Open your awareness to a different way of seeing and being in the world, freeing your creativity to deal effectively with complex problems – what we call ‘systems thinking’.
- Learn how to make use of this freedom, how to apply this new awareness in practice, through ‘action experiment’ and other systemic approaches.
- Identify a challenge you face, and take away a real experiment which you will act on after the day to work towards a solution to this challenge.
Are these courses very technical?
No. Not at all. They are about freeing you to connect with ways of knowing and dealing with the world which you may already know about and use.
What happens if I want to deepen my understanding?:
We offer the two 2-day workshop course, Deepen Your Thinking, spread over 2months. This helps deepen and embed your learning. We also offer continuing Reflective Practice to keep your learning alive.
What do previous participants say?
People who have been on our courses talk about feeling really connected with the world for the first time, that some inner knowledge which they were only dimly aware of has been brought to the surface and released.
“You paved the way for a great expansion in my thinking.”
“The real ah-ha moment in your course was when you explained the difference between complicated and complex. I became aware of my own assumptions and beliefs, of other perspectives, and of different ways of knowing, especially intuition, experience and emotion. You also reawakened my spirit of inquiry. For the first time in my life, I really connected with what it means to learn, to be open to new information. But the real shift was to see that most of what we deal with is complex and uncertain and needs to be dealt with accordingly. That my view of the world is shaped by my assumptions and beliefs. If I change these, I change my view. This is particularly true of boundaries. Difficult situations often make us feel trapped. Systems thinking frees me from the box I am trapped in. It reminds me that the box only exists in my mind and imagination – it is not physically real".